Modern residential security solutions are becoming increasingly more intelligent. But, unfortunately, it’s still easy to fail to do basic security chores like activating your a home security system, shutting the garage door, or even making sure your doors are locked.
What if you no longer needed to worry about these tasks again? With geofencing in Elizabethtown, you can simply leave the driveway and let your home security system secure your home for you.
What is Geofencing In Elizabethtown For your Security System?
Geofencing draws a virtual boundary along the sides of your house, which you may arrange in your smart security app. This modern home security option then uses your mobile device to see when you cross the perimeter and then initiates your “leaving-the-house” automations.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart components use to share information with other connected equipment. This innovative approach assists your home security by grouping all devices onto the same network. You are then able to set up a virtual “fence” on all sides of your home and assign the specific actions you want to occur if you move beyond the specified border.
For example, as soon as you leave your property, you can instruct your security system to secure your front and back doors, shut the garage door, and arm your alarms. Conversely, when you come back home, geofencing can notify your system to disable the alarm, elevate the garage door, turn on lights, and even adjust your your home’s comfort levels.
Below are several of the devices you may control with geofencing:
● Connected thermostats
● Security alarms and cameras
● Home electronics such as Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Garage door sensors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are All Possible With Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is just one way you can utilize your home’s security system in Elizabethtown. When you download the security app, you have the ability to make the most of automation. With just a few taps of the app interface, and you can:
● Set schedules: arrange your smart devices to activate at a specific time. Direct various lights to turn down to tell you that it's time for bed, or disarm your home’s alarm when you get up.
● Control device interactions: Make particular equipment engage when another element is triggered. Have your thermostat switch on the exhaust fan if the fire alarm trips. Or illuminate your hall’s smart light if your doorbell camera notices unusual motion outside.
● Preprogram scenes: Create room and event scenes with various smart components that all act in concert with each other. Make your lights turn off, the A/C go down, and the smart door locks engage when the day is done. Or customize a scene for movie night with specific lighting and thermostat levels.
● Geofence your security: It's easy to forget to enable your alarm system when you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing capability and your cell phone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to turn on your alarms and shut the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in Elizabethtown
Whether you’re looking for added certainty of a safe, secure home whenever you drive away or you want to take advantage of home automation, geofencing is a wise choice. Contact one of our knowledgeable team members today at (270) 262-4315 or send in the form on this page to begin customizing your ideal security system.