Security cameras can easily be installed as a hindrance—something that informs criminals or intruders that “we’re always watching.” Or you can leverage your security cameras to strengthen your home’s defenses.
Thankfully, today’s security cameras come equipped with a plethora of features all tailor-made to deliver comprehensive protection for your home. Whether it’s two-way talk and recording functionality or infrared dark vision and lightspeed motion sensors, these tools help you to have the most from security cameras in Elizabethtown.
How To Set Up Your Elizabethtown Security Cameras For Maximum Protection
The first step to upgrading your video surveillance is placing them in the right areas around your living space. Indoor security cameras should be placed in frequented rooms like the living room or family room. It’s also a good move to install a camera pointed at main hallways, stairs, or other common areas thieves would have to pass to access the rest of your house. Outdoor security cameras work best to offer you a clear scene of your patio, drive, and backyard, shed, and other outdoor detached constructions, like sheds. Then see a view of your front porch with a discreet doorbell camera.
There are locations around your house that aren’t quite as vital to monitor like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Seclusion for you and your guests should be a primary regard prior to mounting a security device in a bedroom.. Feel free to add window or motion sensors if you want some type of security in bedrooms.
Innovations That Enhance Security Cameras
Device layout is only the foundation for extracting the most from home security cameras in Elizabethtown. The innovations listed below help to optimize security and enhance overall home safety.
- Motion detection: See automatic alerts on your smart device anytime unusual activity is detected. You can also configure cameras to begin filming when activity is discovered which helps add to camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Configure your video surveillance to capture footage and save clips to the cloud for easy playback at your convenience.
- Two-way audio: Nearly all of modern security cameras feature a built-in intercom and speaker so you are able to converse with people through the unit. Through your security app, you can act like you’re inside or welcome your kids as they get home from school.
- Field of view: Field of view determines how much a security camera can see, and allows for a more comprehensive look at an area. Check for cameras that allow for at least 120-degree angle lens or that can pan automatically for optimum visibility.
- Infrared vision: Ensure your home security cameras are equipped with either LED or infrared sensors that will pick up video of pitch black movement.
- Activity zones: To make security alerts more exact, program activity zones. For example, you can program your exterior camera to alert you of activity happening on your yard or your patio and ignore cars passing or the sidewalk.
- App: mobile app, like ADT Control®, enable you to view live camera feeds, control cameras, power or disengage the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app should send up-to-date notifications when the see unusual motion around your home.
Optimize Your Security Cameras Today
Pulling the most out of your home security cameras in Elizabethtown is simpler. From lightning quick motion detection to 2-way audio, your home security is elevated from simply a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (270) 262-4315 or fill out the form below to start building your security system today.