Pros And Cons Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Elizabethtown
You know you have to defend your home. After all, it provides shelter for your family and is where you keep your possessions. But what kind of home defense is best? Figuring out if you should use 24/7 monitoring is one of the primary decisions you must make. Learn more about the benefits and downsides of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Elizabethtown and get a better sense of what’s best for you.
Core Considerations Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you choose 24/7 monitoring, your home’s defense connects to a third-party monitoring team that is prepared to provide help at all times. Whenever a door sensor activates or a smoke detector begins beeping, your monitoring professionals receive a prompt warning. They quickly go to work to verify the alarm and contact the applicable emergency professionals.
On the other hand, an unmonitored system doesn’t come with professional support. You could consider this to be self-monitoring, meaning that if an alarm sounds, you need to take action to get it resolved. This option is the cheaper alternative, but it also puts all the responsibility on you.
Benefits And Downsides Of A Monitored Security System In Elizabethtown
Here’s a short overview of the pros and cons of a monitored security system.
Pros Of Monitored Systems
- Improved security: Having a support system at the ready is always smart. If you are on vacation, asleep, or without access to your cell phone, your property and its inhabitants will still be safeguarded.
- Quicker response: Monitoring professionals are always standing by to help. They’ll react in a speedier fashion to incidents than you can alone.
- Insurance discounts: Monitored home security systems might entitle you to a homeowners insurance discount.
- Top-of-the-line equipment and flawless integration: When you get hardware, installation, and monitoring from a respected home security specialist, you will enjoy a fully connected system with components that may be of a higher quality than what you will find on your own.
Drawbacks Of A Monitored System
- Cost: You will pay a monthly fee for monitoring.
- Typically required to get a professional install: Countless people would rather have work completed by experienced experts, but some DIYers might want to handle it on their own.
- Must sign a contract: You will usually have to sign a contract as part of your package. This arrangement is likely to be satisfactory for many as home security is a benefit you will want for the long haul.
Pros And Cons Of An Unmonitored Security System In Elizabethtown
Here’s a quick breakdown of the pros and cons of an unmonitored security system.
Benefits Of An Unmonitored System
- Cost: You won’t have a monitoring bill.
- Install on your own: Do-it-yourselfers could deem this to be a benefit as they can do the installation themselves and circumvent an installation fee. Others might wish to use a professional.
- Higher Level of Flexibility: You are able to integrate equipment when you wish - and from your choice of manufacturer. However, you might find incorporating into a cohesive system more challenging.
- Control: You won’t have an outside company monitoring your system. If an urgent situation takes place, you’re in charge of getting assistance.
Cons Of An Unmonitored System
- No backup: What if you’ve misplaced your cell phone and don’t see a security notification? This circumstance equates to added stress and lower your peace of mind.
- Calls for your total attention: Since you are the sole person in charge, you must always stay connected to your home security app.
- Installation is on your own: If you require assistance during the installation, you might have to employ someone else. The installation is also likely to be more time-intensive.
Defend Your Property With a Monitored Home Security System In Elizabethtown
Stay protected 24 hours a day with a monitored home security system in Elizabethtown from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We think you’ll agree that a fully integrated, monitored home security system is the best solution for your family. Dial (270) 262-4315 today to customize your package.